SERVICE ALERT: December 19: Our collection contractor, Emterra Environmental, is experiencing delays in recycling collection due to snow and slippery conditions. Collection this week is expected to be delayed by a day. Residents are asked to leave their recycling bins, boxes and bags out for collection.
Click on the links below for recycling information in University Endowment Lands (UEL):
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- Empty and rinse containers
- Remove caps, pumps and lids and place loose in container box
- Return deposit containers for refund
Click on the image below to download the 2016-2017 University Endowment Lands Recycling Guide. The Recycling Guide outlines how to sort your recycling, shows what is not accepted, and includes a collection calendar. You can also download the Multi-Material BC app from Google Play or the iTunes App store to access your collection schedule online, search for depots, and sign up for reminders.
Use our address search tool to view your curbside recycling collection schedule and nearest MMBC depots. You can also sign up for reminders and import your schedule into your online calendar.
What can I recycle?
How should I sort curbside recycling?
- Use one blue box for printed paper and paper packaging that held dry products (shoes, crackers, etc.). Corrugated cardboard that does not fit in this box can be flattened, tied in bundles and placed between your boxes.
- Use the other blue box for containers (plastic, aluminum, steel, etc.) and paper cups and cartons (coffee cups, milk cartons etc.).
- Use the green box for glass bottles and jars
Is there a limit to how much recycling I can put out? What if I have more recycling than fits into my recycling boxes?
If you regularly have more recycling than your boxes can accommodate, you might want to purchase another blue recycling box, as long as the container is similar in size and shape to your existing ones. Most hardware stores carry blue boxes of different sizes. You can also purchase a new container by contacting Emterra Environmental at email@example.com or 604-599-8651.
Do I have to pay for curbside recycling collection?
Do I have to pay for replacement recycling containers?
How do I get recycling containers?
Is the UEL administration involved with the curbside recycling program?
Does this recycling program impact garbage collection?
When is recycling collected?
Who do I contact with questions about my recycling collection?
Collection questions or need information?
Contact Emterra Environmental Customer Service